Dubai has always been known for its unique experiences and wonders it has to offer for the travellers. From sky soaring buildings to spectacular manmade islands, Dubai has never failed to awe inspire the wanderlusts around the globe. Every year millions of people fly to Dubai in search of travel harmony. The World Islands is one of the recent addition to the tourism sector in Dubai. It is a group of human-made islands which resembles the world map.
This post will detail Everything You Should Know About The World Islands in Dubai.
- The world Island is a human-made archipelago of numerous islands which gives a shape of world map roughly.
- Located off coast in Dubai, this World Island has a total of 300 islands.
- It was initially a real estate project which later on evolved into one of the top tourist attractions in the city.
- There are many hotels and restaurants in the world island, which are a mandatory visit.
- The idea of The World Island is from Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai.
- Nakheel developed the project. However, the construction of the islands was taken care of by Van Oord and Boskalis, the same company behind the Palm Jumeirah.
- The construction of this mighty project began in the year 2003 but stopped in the year 2008 due to the financial crisis.
- The size of the island ranges from 250,000 to 900,000 square feet (23,226 to 83,613 square metres) in size, with 50 to 100 metres (164 to 328 feet) of water between each island.
- The total area of the island is 9 kilometres (5.4 miles) in length and 6 kilometres (3.6 miles) in width.
- It is located 4 kilometres off the shore of Jumeirah, close to the Palm Jumeirah, between Burj Al Arab and Port Rashid.
The world islands are open to the public and have everything to make your weekend escape astounding. Here are the few Things To Do In The World Islands
Plan a staycation in the World Islands
The world islands provide staycation opportunities for visitors with luxury amenities. You can plan a stay back with your loved ones at Lebanon Island in Dubai.
Party all night
If you are a party freak, you can check out the World Islands. There are a couple of places where you can have a groovy DJ night and can grab some best cocktails.
Relax on the beach
If you are looking for a new beach to explore, then head to this island beach where you can soak yourself in the water and bask yourself in the sun.
Enjoy water sport activities.
Lebanon Island in the Islands has the opportunity to do water sport activities such as jet-skiing, parasailing, banana boating, etcetera. Enjoy some thrilling and adventurous activities on the World Islands.
Visit Toro Blanco
Toro Blanco is one of the best eateries in The Islands that is best suited for a romantic dinner date. Make a reservation before going to this place to avoid the rush.
The three islands in the world Island is entirely functional and is open to the public. Sabsan Holidays can assist you in planning a trip to this splendid island destination. Call Sabsan Holidays for more details.
To book your Dubai Holiday Packages
Call us +971-6-7420334 (or) Email: email@example.com